[Solved] Display name of active WCS ?

CAD solution for mold making: slider design, guide rails, jacks,
mold base, components and process, coolant circuit, control via mold levels, creation of drawings, parts lists...

Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel

Matt Berube
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

[Solved] Display name of active WCS ?

Unread post by Matt Berube »

Is there a way to display the name of the active Coordinate System at all times ?

I know that I can display it by using F2 and probably other ways but I am trying to make the name always visible.

The reason for this question is that the WCS keeps changing during the creation of a KO pin and I am trying to figure out what is happening and why... Maybe a bug ?
TopSolid 2006, Design 6.7.302, Cam 6.7.302, Mold 6.7.302

Mastercam X2, Mill3, Wire, Solids, Moldplus, Beta Tester
RICHARD LALONDE
Sergeant
Sergeant

Tools

Unread post by RICHARD LALONDE »

Because when you put a KO pin in automatic (in the KO plate) bcs in manual you could put aKO pin as a core pin in a insrt bloc.

In automatic when you put the KO pin they have a tool how are install in same time but they are invisible who made the hole in the KO plate core plate and in the insert each one could have a specific diameter, but the reason why the datum change it's because the tool have to follow the KO pin and that is why the datum change all the time.

But the they have also a tricks, EX: if you put one KO pin a the tips of the part and you select duplicate compoments you could select one of your new 7 insert and the duplication of the pin will be the same as you insert but be sure to put the KO pin on the original insert otherwise you will have the same duplication but off set.
olaio
Second Officer Cadet
Second Officer Cadet
Answers: 2

Unread post by olaio »

Hi, maybe you can use the sphere of the compass.
If you stay quite with the mouse in the sphere, it will return you the name of the Current UCS.
Of course for that it is very useful to give names to all the principals UCS.
Matt Berube
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Unread post by Matt Berube »

Thanks !

That will be helpful. I never noticed that feature of the compass.
TopSolid 2006, Design 6.7.302, Cam 6.7.302, Mold 6.7.302

Mastercam X2, Mill3, Wire, Solids, Moldplus, Beta Tester
jehronimo
Major
Major

Unread post by jehronimo »

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the "trick" about the current UCS with the compass, I did not know it :D Great!

Jehronimo