[Solved] TopSolid'Mold add screw default hole depth

CAD solution for mold making: slider design, guide rails, jacks,
mold base, components and process, coolant circuit, control via mold levels, creation of drawings, parts lists...

Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel

Matt Berube
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

[Solved] TopSolid'Mold add screw default hole depth

Unread post by Matt Berube »

Hi All,

Is there a preference to adjust the automatic hole depth given when using socket head cap screw from the fasteners and annex menu and unselecting bottom drilling through ?

When I try to add bolts to secure a thin cavity plate to the support plate the hole goes through to the parting line. The extra hole depth seems excessive.

I have been going back and modifying the hole after...
TopSolid 2006, Design 6.7.302, Cam 6.7.302, Mold 6.7.302

Mastercam X2, Mill3, Wire, Solids, Moldplus, Beta Tester
RICHARD LALONDE
Sergeant
Sergeant

screw for mold

Unread post by RICHARD LALONDE »

First you have 2 library TopSolid Screw and Mold screw (=DME screw) I suggest to use in the mold DME screw. Its the same a 1/4-20 nc is a 1/4-20 nc but the process are different and mold screw = DME is more automatic.

In your config I suggest you ajust the factor of grip to 1 and not to 1.5 min as suggest, because when you surch in automatic some time it give you long screw or to long for what you need, or sometime you unselect the automatic surch and you could choose a shorter screw and also if you clic with the wrench on the screw you could ajust the depth.

Also on your config you have a factor for depth of thread and taping hole, I suggest to don't modify this because it's good at 90% of the time. Go with the wrech on the taping holes and ajust the depth manually. How you do this NEVER ERASE THE AUTOMATIC PARAMETER just add at the end -.25 or the value you want for both operation tapping and drilling.

EX: @3612-@4521+@7894-.25

The reason to do this that way is if one day you change plate tickness and you don't need to made a finish tapping you just delete the -.25 and everything came back as it should be.

I hope that is clear
Matt Berube
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Thanks Richard,

The information is helpful and clear with one exception.

How do I access the library to edit the features you are describing ?

Matt Berube
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

solved...

I got an answer from my VAR.

Tools, Options, Mold Component (group), clearance (tab). It seems so simple now. I think I was missing the clearance tab previously.

RICHARD LALONDE
Sergeant
Sergeant

New parametre

Unread post by RICHARD LALONDE »

You see Matt you learn me something, because is not so long than we have acces to this parameter, this is why I was answering you an other way to fix this problem for the PL. I think you have bought the DME librairy and may be some other. Because this parameter you could set up as your own standard for DME, but don't forget you have to made this set-up for each type of screw from DME ex: SHCS FHCS ... and if you have also PCS you have to repeat this for all type of screw from PCS otherwise it will be the general set-up who will take the lead. Personnaly I use all the time DME screw because the proces and control is more user friendly than Missler screw.

This is what I like with Missler, they have allways a solution to resolve the probleme and we always look for something more simple and we find it.