Moderators: D@vid, remi77

D@vid
Administator
Administator
Answers: 1
TopSolid Version: 7.12

TopSolid 7

Unread post by D@vid »

Discover and download TopSolid 7 on http://www.TopSolid.com/download!
D@vid

TopSolid'Forum Administrator
Top'Noob
First Officer Cadet
First Officer Cadet

Unread post by Top'Noob »

It looks amazing so far. 8)

Any idea when there may be some "getting started" tutorials for TS7 ?
D@vid
Administator
Administator
Answers: 1
TopSolid Version: 7.12

Unread post by D@vid »

In the evaluation version, there's one pdf with 3 lessons in English in Help menu (Tutorial) on the question mark icon... It will be completed soon.

Rgds
D@vid

TopSolid'Forum Administrator
Top'Noob
First Officer Cadet
First Officer Cadet

Excellent ! Thanks David !

It took me a while to find the question mark icon at the top right of the screen but now I see the tutorial.
TopSolid2007
Master Chief
Master Chief

Unread post by TopSolid2007 »

It looks like SolidWorks which I don't like, including the Green V and Red Cross in the shape commands, sketches, etc...

We are not used to work with sketchs here... only curves, but unfortunately I did not find a way to work as we like.

It seems I will need to give a massive training to all my technician again and be strong to listen a lot of complain of them....
TopSolid Users!!!!
Top'Noob
First Officer Cadet
First Officer Cadet

I made it through the first tutorial lesson. I haven't found anything I don't like. In fact, I love it love it love it. Very nice job !

A little confusing in the tutorial is the section about vaults.... It seems that some of the dialog was changed after the tutorial was written ?

Instead of "put in the vault" I had to select "check in"... Everything else is easy though...

8) 8) 8) :D :D :D
Coolspot
Private
Private

Unread post by Coolspot »

TopSolid2007 wrote:It looks like SolidWorks which I don't like, including the Green V and Red Cross in the shape commands, sketches, etc...

We are not used to work with sketchs here... only curves, but unfortunately I did not find a way to work as we like.

It seems I will need to give a massive training to all my technician again and be strong to listen a lot of complain of them....
:lol: It's funny because that's actually what i don't like in TopSolid! I guess it's because I'm a old Solidworks user..

Thumbs up for Missler with this one...at least for me! :P
Bill
Master Chief
Master Chief
TopSolid Module: TopSolid'Design
TopSolid Version: 6.25

Unread post by Bill »

For me TopSolid 7 is more of a revolution than evolution. I have been working with it for around 2 years now and at this point, I honestly do not like going back to the V6 product for mechanical design. As I see it, TopSolid 7 has hit a home run thus far in a few areas. They are:

- Usability
- Learnability
- Document Management (PDM)
- Outright Speed

In my own studies/playtime with TopSolid 7, I have found that the learnability of it is easily 40-60% less than that of the V6 product.

The integrated PDM is by far and away the best I have ever seen or worked with. It is very easy to manage multiple versions of a design, assembly or draft file. The ability to check where a part has been used in another design is huge as well. If you want to see sample of this, check out the videos on www.topsolid7.com!

The outright speed of this is second to no other product today! Example... I have seen taking a 4000 component assembly and generating a 2D draft of that assembly done in TopSolid 7. This was done on a laptop. The projection time was a mear 2 seconds! That's rediculously fast!

I can't wait to see what next years version brings!
Happy Designing
Bill
Technical Director
Missler Software Inc
liumenite
Private
Private

animjation

Unread post by liumenite »

Any ideas on when will the animate parameters feature be added to TS7? There was also a surface area parameter feature in TS6 that I haven't been able to find in TS7. The closest thing thus far is the physical properties, but that's not really programmable parameter.

Thanks!
cam
Master Corporal
Master Corporal
TopSolid Module: TopSolid'Cam
TopSolid Version: 7.8

Unread post by cam »

Hello,
TopSolid 7 Users and Fans.

Is there a Student's version of TopSolid 7 Design and CAM available ?
Or anything else equal to the HomeLearning Edition of Mastercam ?
Sobota Marcin
Corporal
Corporal

Unread post by Sobota Marcin »

what is Mastercam ? :-)
AdeQuateSolutions, Germany
TopSolid Wood, Wood CAM
quazoosl
Sergeant
Sergeant
TopSolid Module: TopSolid'Wood
TopSolid Version: 6.22