multiple choice pre-formatted text instead of editing ?

Drawing, bill of material, 2D design, dimensioning, labeling, tolerances, symbols, title blocks...

Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel

Top'Noob
First Officer Cadet
First Officer Cadet

multiple choice pre-formatted text instead of editing ?

Unread post by Top'Noob »

Hi,

I am not sure how I should explain this inquiry but I will give it my best shot...

I have a draft template that I use very very often. In this file I have a note that I modify each time I use the template for a job.

This template is used for an electrode detail to help the edm operator set-up the job.

Here is an example of the note...

Code: Select all

STOCK = .75 X .5 X 1.0
QTY = 4 TOTAL (2 RUF & 2 FIN)

S.G. = .005 & .002

SPHERICAL ORBIT
DO NOT ADD TO B.D.

NOTE DIFFERENT HEIGHTS
Is there any way I can set up multiple choices for various items ? For example on the "spherical orbit" line I would like the choice of "2-D orbit" or "spherical orbit"...

P.S. I am aware that there is an add-on for electrodes but at the moment I have not had time to properly evaluate that add-on...

Thanks !
Pieter
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unread post by Pieter »

Hi,

In fact if you wish a list of choises, you have to use properties.
So you define a propertie "Orbit" on which you define the possible choises and the one you want by default.
Afterwards you put the value of the propertie on your draft.

This way you can set the propertie in the "define part" function, and automaticaly TS will give the value in your draft.

Ts 2008 has improved the way to define properties: Attributes -> Properties -> Properties editor.

Regards

Pieter
olaio
Second Officer Cadet
Second Officer Cadet
Answers: 2

Unread post by olaio »

Hi,

You can create predefined notes or predefined texts in the "Tools -> Options". So a dropdown list will be availlable when you create/modify a text/note.

Cumprimentos,
Olaio