[Solved] Mesh tools/Constrained/Cloud of points?

Product design in 3D, mechanical engineering, kinematics, dynamics, parts and components, surfacic, assemblies...

Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel

Robert
First Officer Cadet
First Officer Cadet

[Solved] Mesh tools/Constrained/Cloud of points?

Unread post by Robert »

Is there any short video tutorials that introduce the mesh tools, specifically the "Constrained/ Cloud of Points" tools?
jehronimo
Major
Major

Unread post by jehronimo »

Hi Robert,

What do you want to do? Do you already have the points in your fiel, or do you also need to insert them in your TopSolid'Design document?

I look forward to your comments,

jehronimo
Robert
First Officer Cadet
First Officer Cadet

Unread post by Robert »

you tell me?, i'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer :roll: when i go to the help menu or index a lot of the information is hard for me to understand. I work visually much better, i wish there were more video tutorials on the different features. Modo is 3D design software I use and is good at subdivision surface modeling but it is just for visualization it's not engineering software like TS. With a simple extrusion maybe a few fillets, and swept applied shapes I could get a kind of representation of the carving but I really want more control over the surfaces and I don't know where to start?
Attachments
jr74872.jpg
jr76789 (1).jpg
olaio
Second Officer Cadet
Second Officer Cadet
Answers: 2

Unread post by olaio »

Well Robert,

Those kind of surfaces are quiet difficult to create in TopSolid! But not impossible!
First of all you need to be an "artist" to create those surfaces, not a "numerical" guy.
There is one tool that can help you, but is a little difficult to use:
"Shape->Toolbox->Control points modification".

Of course that you can also use all the difeferent tools for modeling
Robert
First Officer Cadet
First Officer Cadet

Unread post by Robert »

That's a cool tool! That is the first time I have seen it.

I experimented with it a little, but like with most things in TS the power of the tools is some what hidden or ambitious to use. It take a while for me to have an "I huh" moment on some of the tools, that why a short video explaining a tools is helpful, even if the video is only 30-60 seconds long it can be more helpful then spending an hour reading a manual.
jeff
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unread post by jeff »

Robert, in fact you already have this video, on the resource disc that i provide to my customers there is a video in the surfaces folder called control points modification, if you cant find it on the disc the videos are also posted on my FTP.