[Solved] scaling does not show up in the history tree

Product design in 3D, mechanical engineering, kinematics, dynamics, parts and components, surfacic, assemblies...

Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel

Matt Berube
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

[Solved] scaling does not show up in the history tree

Unread post by Matt Berube »

Hello friends,

I guess I'll start the festivities with the first user post. I am very excited to have this forum and I hope to learn A LOT from all of you.

I am working on a part for a mold design and while I do realize that I am supposed to add "shrink" in the .MLD file I thought it would be easier to scale the part in the .TOP file instead in this particular application.

I used the "scaling with 3 factors" method.

This seems to have worked fine but when I look in the solid history tree I do not see the scaling operation.

Should this show up in the history tree within the .top file ?

Thanks !
mike
Private
Private

Unread post by mike »

Hi all...i'm very happy about this forum! great idea!

Use the solid-operations to scale a solid...you'll find it in the menu: Shape | Other operations | Transform... :wink:

Greetz mike
Matt Berube
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Unread post by Matt Berube »

Use the solid-operations to scale a solid...you'll find it in the menu: Shape | Other operations | Transform...
NICE ! 8)

Thanks !
TopSolid 2006, Design 6.7.302, Cam 6.7.302, Mold 6.7.302

Mastercam X2, Mill3, Wire, Solids, Moldplus, Beta Tester
RICHARD LALONDE
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unread post by RICHARD LALONDE »

Let me introduce myself first
I'm a mold designer with 27 years experience and 4 years with TopSolid'Mold and I am the only one who use this module in the Quebec.

If you are using TopSolid'Mold later you don't have to worry about that because in that module they a a special fonction for the scale factor when you import the part in the mold modul. Because If later you have to change your shrink factor for any reason (new plastic). All parting line surface will be update automatic.

IF you don't use TopSolid'Mold and you design your mold with another soft the previous answer is good (solid transform).

PS we have use in the past Cadkey Pro-E IDEAS and when we found TopSolid'Mold it simplify my life because everything is so easy and user frendly and so specific for the mold designer than for us this is the best module on the market for mold designer.

I hope that will help you