Dual dimensions in Analysys Results

Proposals and Suggestions for new features in TopSolid.

Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel

DSantos
Corporal
Corporal

Dual dimensions in Analysys Results

Unread post by DSantos »

So here it goes.. this one is simple but a big enhancement for us:

We'd like to have dual dimensions in the analysis results... that is, if the TopSolid file is setup to milimeters but I imported a model in inches, I'd like to measure a feature (Distance, Diameter, Radius, whatever) and get the result in the message area in two different units, one in the file units and another in a unit I set in the software options...

Something like this: (Considering the file units are mm)

Diameter: 300mm / 11.81102362204724in

Because we work in TopSolid in mm but have to import models in inches, the models are brought into TopSolid in the units of the TopSolid assembly (milimeters) but we'd like to inspect to see if the model matches the 2D drawing (Expressed in inches) and if engineering did not make any mistake in the model.

Tks,

Daniel
Bill
Master Chief
Master Chief
TopSolid Module: TopSolid'Design
TopSolid Version: 6.25

Dual measurements

Unread post by Bill »

Hi Daniel,

In v6, I am not sure about this feature. Maybe it is an improvement that is coming. I will check for your.

However in TopSolid 7, it already exists (from the beginning I think). In the image included you can see that I have made measurements in both metric, and in inches. You can toggle between any unit dynamically during the measurement function.

I will see if it will become avaible in 6 as well.
Attachments
measure.jpg
Happy Designing
Bill
Technical Director
Missler Software Inc
DSantos
Corporal
Corporal

Unread post by DSantos »

Thanks Bill!

That's what we need: could you please update me on this whenever ou have a chance? V7 is some years aways yet because we need the power of V6 for MillTurns, you know... so we need this simple enhancement in V6, and we need it quickly because we are a Inch company using Pro/NC in Inches but posting in mm... Missler advised us to not mix units like this so we need to kep the ability to measure in Inches to avoid scraps...
Last edited by DSantos on Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bill
Master Chief
Master Chief
TopSolid Module: TopSolid'Design
TopSolid Version: 6.25

Unread post by Bill »

Hi there,

I have asked that this improvement be made. I asked for a high priority on it...who knows. But at least it is in the hopper now.

cheers.
Happy Designing
Bill
Technical Director
Missler Software Inc
DSantos
Corporal
Corporal

Unread post by DSantos »

Bill wrote:Hi there,

I have asked that this improvement be made. I asked for a high priority on it...who knows. But at least it is in the hopper now.

cheers.
Thanks Bill!