Page 1 of 1
Rendering (candle) lights in TopSolid7
Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:09 am
Ok, so i was doing this candle "holder" and when rendering it i thought "hey, why not add some candlelights aswell"... But it wasnÂ´t as easy as i would have hoped... The flame looks photoshopped but itÂ´s not. Does anyone have an idea on how to make it more realistic?
Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:11 am
Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:46 pm
Great job! I have created a small project in TopSolid 7 to show you how to create a flame. It is attached. Basically I created:
1) A sphere that I cut in half and then removed the planer face so it is a surface.
2) An offset plane which I put a small free circle on
3) A final point of the flame which is also free
4) I then lofted from the half sphere edge (maintaining curvature) through the small circle and finally to the point.
5) I then added a decal or two to the model so that in realistic rendering mode it looks like fire!
Because the circle and point are free, you can drag them around to get the desired affect. It works pretty well and can give the illusion of flame.
I have also included the TopSolid 7 package here for anyone that would like to play with it.
Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:32 pm