DANGER!

Everything about new TopSolid'Cam 7 software.

Moderators: remi77, Daniel, Bill

jgrimm
Private First Class
Private First Class
TopSolid Module: TopSolid'Cam
TopSolid Version: 7.6

DANGER!

Unread post by jgrimm »

Do not install SP7 if you have not already. IT IS A MESS. In addition to random failures to generate ISO code, many parts that worked prior will need to be REPROGRAMMED to function. PART RE-POSITIONINGS ARE A PROBLEM. On top of that, just had a lathe crash for the first time after reversing direction on a tool path. Anyone else having issues?
Billetgrip
Corporal
Corporal

Re: DANGER!

Unread post by Billetgrip »

I've wrote nearly 15 3 axis mill programs and a couple 5 axis mill programs and at least 10 wire edm programs since SP7 was released. The only problem I've had was trying to replace a shape to update it to the next Rev.

After SP6 I started making a restore point before I installed so I could go back to the previous SP easily.
Billetgrip
Corporal
Corporal

I've also noticed the the error "!" symbol pops up while configuring a hole machining but goes away after validated. I'm not sure what that's about.
jgrimm
Private First Class
Private First Class

Unread post by jgrimm »

Do your parts have re-positionings or repetitions? That seems to be where the issues lie. Turning with Virtual jogs and part re-positioning is broken.
Billetgrip
Corporal
Corporal

I had a part with 13 repetitions today that started as a mill document then repositioned to an EDM document. Everything seemed fine with it.

So far I'm loving SP7 over SP5 ( I skipped 6 cause it broke "minimum tool length"). It seems to have fixed all the issues I was having. *knocks on wood*

Have you tried restoring to an earlier service pack then reinstalling 7? Or removing and reinstalling your posts?
AndiKS
Corporal
Corporal
TopSolid Version: 6.26

Unread post by AndiKS »

Welcome to TopSolid, here are all Customer BETA Tester! :cry:

From TopSolid 7.11 I have current 60 Tickets that are not fixed....

Don't try to use a Method with 7.11 ... that's very buggy and that's was for me the biggest benefit in V6....
jgrimm
Private First Class
Private First Class

Unread post by jgrimm »

Billetgrip,

We also make restore points when changing computer configurations. With multiple seats/users and a PDM server it is impossible to revert after a few days.
Billetgrip
Corporal
Corporal

It does seem like this stuff is released untested sometimes but I've ran into the same thing with other softwares before too.

We only have 2 user's and only use TopSolid for CAM so our PDM is local.
jgrimm
Private First Class
Private First Class

Unread post by jgrimm »

AndiKS,

Although I don't think they intentionally want us to be beta testers, with France's continued opposition to supporting any kind of user group, including this forum, this is going to continue to happen.
AndiKS
Corporal
Corporal
TopSolid Version: 6.26

Unread post by AndiKS »

We are in the same situation, all Users work with one PDM Server.
There is no change to go back... when a ServicePack is installed on the Server all Clients have to use it
That mean I can't test it on one Client, only Local and that is very dificult.. (how to synchronize the Data after testing...)

I think the only way to make TopSolid better is to send all Problems to our Reseller, in the hope it reach Missler and the right Person...

Are in this Forum costumer that use Methods in TopSolid 7.11?
I get the feeling to be the only one that use it....
For example, if you run one Method a couple times it brings every time a new Tool in the Magazine!
If you have 5 Tapping holes on 5 WCS and call the Method for each, you get 5x Drills, 5x Spotting Drill and 5x Tapp in the Magazine!
I can't imagine how anyone can live with that or work with it...
jgrimm
Private First Class
Private First Class

Unread post by jgrimm »

Our re-seller (Missler US) has been very good about reporting issues to France. When I discover a bug that I can duplicate, I will send the file. If I cannot share the file (Non Disclosure), I will make a small file with notes if needed and export the package to the re-seller. I usually receive a ticket# within 1 day. I don't know for sure, but I have seen at least 3 issues reported fixed in later updates.