Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel, Bill, Romain

Top'Noob
First Officer Cadet
First Officer Cadet

TS7 Draft Dimension default settings

Unread post by Top'Noob »

Hello,

How can I create default settings in my TS7 draft document :?:

I am setting up some template documents to use but I am getting 2 place decimals (1.01) and I desire 4 place decimals (1.0102).....

I figured out how to adjust an existing dimension but I need to set the default so I can get the correct dimension display without modifying each one manually
Top'Noob
First Officer Cadet
First Officer Cadet

Unread post by Top'Noob »

OK I got it. Opened up the template document then from the TopSolid icon (top left) select View, Entities....

In the Entities window select Styles then R-click on Dimension Styles and select "Dimension Style..." Type a name for your new dimension style ("inch dimensions" for example) and be sure to select the checkbox for "Current Style" then set all options the way you like and green check.

Once you save and check in and validate your template should produce a document which uses your new Dimension Style.

P.S. I am so confused about all the PDM stuff. I have trouble understanding when to save, check in, and validate. I totally understand the benefits to PDM but can't quite grasp everything yet.

At the moment I feel like it may take several weeks to get various templates set up the way I want them.