Looking for your opinion

Off topic discussions, where you can just relax, have a tea or a coffee, talk about the weather or something else...

Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel

Bill
Master Chief
Master Chief
TopSolid Module: TopSolid'Design
TopSolid Version: 6.25

Looking for your opinion

Unread post by Bill »

Hello to all!

I hope you all had a great new year!

I am adding this post to see if I can get some feed back and opinions from all of you. This is for a project that I am working on right now.

If you have a minute, can you please answer the following few questions?

1) Why did you or you company decide to purchase TopSolid

2) What do you like most about the product?

3) Do you use TopSolid as an integrated manufacturing solution today?

4) On average, by switching to TopSolid, how much more productive have you become?

5) Would you recomend TopSolid to other companies/users?

I appreciate any and all feed back that this post recieves. Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.
Happy Designing
Bill
Technical Director
Missler Software Inc
Top'Noob
First Officer Cadet
First Officer Cadet

Unread post by Top'Noob »

Hi Bill,

1. We decided to purchase it because we wanted to bring more design "in-house" to add more control over fine details and the integration of CAD & CAM seemed to be a huge benefit as well. Unfortunately, we do not seem to have the time for as much design as we would like but we have been using it to some extent. CAM is far more difficult than our other software so that benefit never materialized either. Mostly I design everything in TS then export a parasolid to cut in Mastercam. :(

2. The power of DESIGN and full associativity of 2-D prints with the solid file. :D

3. I would say NO on this one. See answer #1 :(

4. I would say that design has 10%-20% time savings and honestly there are many things that we can do now that would have been impossible before. 8)

5. I will not recommend TS to anybody I know until the CAM package becomes far more user friendly :twisted: :shock: