[Solved] Vista 64 bit minor issues

Issues and questions related to TopSolid installation.

Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel

Top'Noob
First Officer Cadet
First Officer Cadet

[Solved] Vista 64 bit minor issues

Unread post by Top'Noob »

Hello,

we got a new computer here recently. I am very happy with it and it is as fast as lightning. I have a couple TS issues though. See below...
CAS: CoolerMaster Centurion 590 RC-590 Mid-Tower
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-965 Extreme Edition 3.2 GHz 8M L3 Cache LGA1366 [+796]
CD: (Special Price) LG 20X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER (BLACK COLOR)
CABLE: Round Cable Upgrade for Optical Drive [+19]
FAN: Asetek Liquid CPU Cooling System (Extreme Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA) [+54]
HDD: Extreme Performance (RAID-0) with 2 Identical Hard Drives [+29] (300GB (150GBx2) Gaming Western Digital VelociRaptor 10,000RPM SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache WD1500HLFS [+302])
MOTHERBOARD: Asus P6T Deluxe Intel X58 Chipset SLI/CrossFireX Mainboard SAS Triple-Channel DDR3/1600 SATA RAID w/ eSATA,Dual GbLAN,USB2.0,IEEE1394a,&7.1Audio [+80]
MEMORY: 6GB (2GBx3) DDR3/1800MHz Triple Channel Memory Module [+264] (Corsair or Major Brand)
NETWORK: ONBOARD 10/100 NETWORK CARD
OS: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Ultimate w/ Service Pack 1 [+105] (64-bit Edition)
PRO_WIRING: Professional Wiring for All WIRINGs Inside The System Chasis with High Performance Thermal Compound on CPU [+19]
POWERSUPPLY: 750 Watts Power Supplies [+39] (Corsair CMPSU-750TX - Quad SLI Ready [+90])
RUSH: *SAME DAY SHIP OUT GUARANTEE*
SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
TEMP: Xion XON-MTR002B Color LCD Thermal Control Panel Display [+39]
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX295 X2 1.7GB 16X PCIe Video Card [+419] (EVGA Powered by NVIDIA [+5])
_PRICE: (+3325) -5% discount + shipping = $3250 delivered
1. Every time I start TS I get an error "TopMWindev.dll is not registred". I have searched for information on this matter and found 1 user with the same error who stated that installing TS Viewer & TS Finder solved the problem. I have installed both of these but I still get the error.

2. The pictures associated with saving a file do not work correctly. Sometimes they show the TS background, sometimes a white screen, sometimes a screen shot of a different file but never a screen shot of the correct file... Very strange.

Any advice for these issues ?

P.S. at first I was getting a strange error about a parallel installation and TS wouldn't start at all but after I copied the top.cod file into the fresh install I was able to use the program. I am just including this because I saw a post by another user who had a similar problem in a different thread but there was no solution posted...
corne

Unread post by corne »

hi look at this

do you have a 64bit computer?

In the folder \missler\v69\bin\toptool\ , before to execute register_x64.bat , right mouse clic on this file, select “Propertiesâ€
Top'Noob
First Officer Cadet
First Officer Cadet

Thanks for the reply. I tried it but it did not work. I went to Administrator account, changed the compatibility, then double-clicked the .bat file to run it. It did something but I still have the error message.

Yes, I do have a 64 bit computer.

Any other ideas :?:
corne

Unread post by corne »

hi try this also
Another point if it doesn’t work :
Look in ftp in /Public/TopSolidCam/v6.9/ you have 2 zip file (1 is something to check in Vista) . The second zip is for 64 bits (vista and xp)

good luck
olaio
Second Officer Cadet
Second Officer Cadet
Answers: 2

Unread post by olaio »

Hi Top´Noob.

About the point1.
Every time I start TS I get an error "TopMWindev.dll is not registred". I have searched for information on this matter and found 1 user with the same error who stated that installing TS Viewer & TS Finder solved the problem. I have installed both of these but I still get the error.
Take a look to the avis availlable at "ftp://ftp.TopSolid.com/Public/TopSolidC ... tInX64.zip". I think that this can solve your problem.

About the point
2. The pictures associated with saving a file do not work correctly. Sometimes they show the TS background, sometimes a white screen, sometimes a screen shot of a different file but never a screen shot of the correct file... Very strange.
I have the same problem also.

About the point
P.S. at first I was getting a strange error about a parallel installation and TS wouldn't start at all but after I copied the top.cod file into the fresh install I was able to use the program. I am just including this because I saw a post by another user who had a similar problem in a different thread but there was no solution posted...
All you need to do is install the "Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable x64" delivery in the instalation DVD. When tou install the TopSolid x64 version, the "Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable" installed is the 32 bits application!

Cumprimentos,
Olaio[/quote]
Pieter
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unread post by Pieter »

Hi All,

The problem with previews in Vista is a known issue, not solved yet.

Regards

Pieter
Top'Noob
First Officer Cadet
First Officer Cadet

Thanks for all the help everybody.

Unfortunately I still get the error message. I tried to follow this:
Take a look to the avis availlable at "ftp://ftp.TopSolid.com/Public/TopSolidC ... tInX64.zip". I think that this can solve your problem.
But I do not see the Missler Software entry under COM+ Applications as shown in step 1 of the movie. I am not sure why... :?
danieldevos
Private
Private

Unread post by danieldevos »

Hi Top'Noob,

When you want the preview of your part, for now you have to switch your colour scheme from vista Aero to Vista basic. Then things are ok.

regards

Daniel de Vos
Top'Noob
First Officer Cadet
First Officer Cadet

Thanks again everybody !

I don't think I am willing to give up my Vista Aero to get the previews. I'll just wait until Missler fixes it :wink:

I was finally able to get rid of the error message. This morning I installed the 6.9.252 patches and I also tried what was shown in the previously mentioned video download. Part 1 is pointless because I couldn't find the MIssler entry in the COM+ but Part 2 of the video works fine. The error is gone.