Opening ports for TopSolid'Server installation

Issues and questions related to TopSolid installation.

Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel

michelle
Sergeant
Sergeant
TopSolid Version: 6.26

Opening ports for TopSolid'Server installation

Unread post by michelle »

Hello,

To install TopSolid'Server the installation guide says to open ports ​8086, 8088 and 8096 on the server's firewall. I am double firewalled - that is, I have a firewall which runs on the server itself as well as a Cisco firewall at my internet service provider where all traffic to or from the outside world passes through before coming into my network.

Will I need to as my internet service provide to open the same ports on my "external" firewall in addition to the firewall which sits on my server?

I guess an easier way to ask this is - does TopSolid Server communicate with Missler via any of these ports (eg for updating)?
Last edited by michelle on Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bill
Master Chief
Master Chief
TopSolid Module: TopSolid'Design
TopSolid Version: 6.25

Re: Opening ports for TopSolid'Server installation

Unread post by Bill »

michelle wrote:Hello,

To install TopSolid'Server the installation guide says to open ports ​8086, 8088 and 8096 on the server's firewall. I am double firewalled - that is, I have a firewall which runs on the server itself as well as a Cisco firewall at my internet service provider where all traffic to or from the outside world passes through before coming into my network.

Will I need to as my internet service provide to open the same ports on my "external" firewall in addition to the firewall which sits on my server?

I guess an easier way to ask this is - does TopSolid Server communicate with Missler via any of these ports (eg for updating)?
Hi

You should only open those ports in the internal Network. The external network is not affected by this.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Happy Designing
Bill
Technical Director
Missler Software Inc
michelle
Sergeant
Sergeant
TopSolid Version: 6.26

Unread post by michelle »

Thanks Bill. We should have this forum renamed to the MichelleBillAndSometimesRemiForum. haha. Thank-you!
remi77
Administator
Administator

Unread post by remi77 »

Hi

Thanks for your suggestion Michelle :mrgreen:

See you

Rémi :wink:
Thanks to use the Image on the best answer when you've got the solution.