Biesse and EPS table

Integrated CAM application for wood industry.

Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel, Liam

Joppe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Biesse and EPS table

Unread post by Joppe »

Hi,

We recently recieved a Biesse Rover C6. Right now we are in the process of finding a suitable CAD/CAM package. Over the last few weeks we have had several demonstrations and meetings with the local TopSolid distributor. They have been very helpful and given us loads of useful info regarding TopSolid, both pros and cons. But there is one thing/issue they haven't been able to answer;
Our Rover has the EPS table where you can program movement of the table (both suction cups and bridges). In Biesseworks you can easily program movement of the table. This is useful if you for example need to cut a sheet of plywood into two pieces and in the same program treat the edges. This means that we have to move the two pieces apart from each other before treating the edges. To do this we are dependent upon the ability of movement of the EPS table. Is this kind of movement of the table inside a program possible in TopSolidWoodCam ?

Sorry for the rather long post and bad english. Hopefully some of it is understandably.
Liam
Private
Private

Unread post by Liam »

Hi Joppe,

With the actual version of TopSolid'WoodCam, you can't move the rails to put two pieces apart during the program.
You can just program the position of the suction cups and bridges at the beginning of the program.

We already received such requests.
At the moment we can't do more, but we are still working on it.

Liam
Joppe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Unread post by Joppe »

Hi Liam,

Thanks for taking your time answering my question. Greatly appreciate it !

Is it difficult to implement this feature ? Have you guys been working on this "movement project" for a long time ? When do you expect to have this feature implemented into TopSolid'WoodCam ?

We're really excited about TopSolid, it seems like a great software to work with. This movement thing is the only thing keeping us waiting and giving us difficulties deciding what to do. Is this movement of the cups/rails inside a program a new feature to the Biesse Rover (thinking: since you haven't already implemented it into TopSolid'WodCam)?

Sorry if I'm asking stupid questions, CNC machining is a totally new world for me.

Joppe
Liam
Private
Private

Unread post by Liam »

Hi,

This is not new for Biesse (and other manufacturers) for sure.

We could move the rails and pods during the program with TopSolid'WoodCam but right now we can't move a part with them.

At the beginning of TopSolid'WoodCam we worked with only one part on the machine.
Now we work with many parts, assemblies, nestings, ...
Recently we add rails and pods and we now have new constaints.

We received requests to split board into two parts, to move them during the program, to use clamps, and many more things !

For some improvements we need to rethink we way we worked since more than 10 years now ... so we are moving forward on all of this but I can't tell you when we will implement requests like yours as we are still investigating.

The only thing I can tell you right now is that we develop TopSolid'WoodCam according to we way we think it could be good with all the customers' feedbacks. So more feedbacks like yours we will have, quicker it could be done.

Liam
Joppe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Unread post by Joppe »

Hi there,

Thanks again for helpful info.

Moving of the clamps is also useful when for example producing a window sill where you need to use Uniclamps and put a profile on both sides of the work piece. Have you implemented the use of Uniclamps into TopSolid WoodCam ?

Will moving of the rails and pods inside a program be implemented earlier than the "working with multiple pieces" feature ? I totally understand that you can't give me a deadline on these things. But is this something that might be implemented this year or more like within the next 3 years etc ?
Liam
Private
Private

Unread post by Liam »

Hi,

We already could move the rails and pods during the program, but only them not the part(s).
And we already work with multiple parts on the machine as well.

The use of uniclamps is on our list but not for this year ...

Liam