Predefined Positioning Constraints?

Integrated solution for design, manufacturing and management that provides all standard parts and procedures for wood processing.

Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel

Robert
First Officer Cadet
First Officer Cadet

Predefined Positioning Constraints?

Unread post by Robert »

Has anyone incorporated "Predinfined Positioning Constraints" into your daily work flow when creating components and assemblies? It is a new feature in TS2009 and I have not completely grasped it yet. It seem like it would be help for kitchen layouts if I can figure it out.
jeff
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unread post by jeff »

Robert, i think that this system of predefined positions was created to work with the soon coming Product Planner, this is a stand alone system for doing what you describe laying out kitchens, someone familiar with TopSolid can do this just as easily without the function by using key points and coordinate systems and positioning constraints.
olaio
Second Officer Cadet
Second Officer Cadet
Answers: 2

Unread post by olaio »

Hi,

I agree completly with Jeff.
For me it is much easily to use key points positioning, one click and the component is in his right position.
I think that this kind of tool (pre-defined positioning contraints) is more usefull to users that became from other CAD softwares (SW), because they were "forced" to use constrains in components positioning.

Anyway, this is another tool that users have to increase their productivity.
Robert
First Officer Cadet
First Officer Cadet

Unread post by Robert »

I was wondering if creating key pionts and cordinate sytems would accomplish the same thing as creating "Predinfined Positioning Constraints" I guess you answered my question.

Thanks,
Robert
First Officer Cadet
First Officer Cadet

Unread post by Robert »

I understand how to create key pionts and cordinate sytems but what do you mean by "positioning constraints"? My key pionts allows me to place my cabinet assembly into the room assembly with one click in most cases, but when I turn corners or wrap a room on all four sides I'm always messing with my cordinate sytems and re-adjusting them. Is there a simpler way?
jeff
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unread post by jeff »

with key points or coordinate systems you can rotate, just type the degree of rotation and press enter, sometimes you dont see the full effect until you place the item, positioning constraints take longer and are more volatile however they dont need any setup, you can always use constraints just select faces or edges to line up,