Who you are and what do make?

Integrated solution for design, manufacturing and management that provides all standard parts and procedures for wood processing.

Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel

Robert
First Officer Cadet
First Officer Cadet

Who you are and what do make?

Unread post by Robert »

Hi everyone,

I would like to know who uses TS Wood, where you are from, and what type of wood product you manufacture. I would be nice if this forum was a little more active.

I finally bought TS Wood after looking into at it for a year, I have my first training session next week and I'm looking forward to it. I'm from Atlanta, Georgia in the USA. I will be using TS to design classical reproduction furniture.

Robert
Top'Noob
First Officer Cadet
First Officer Cadet

Unread post by Top'Noob »

Hello Robert,

Welcome to the forum.

I don't use Top'Wood but I have relatives in Dunwoody, GA. I live in CT

We use TopSolid Design, Mold, and occasionally Cam. My company produces plastic injection molds and I am the lead CNC Programmer and I design approximately 50% of the molds we produce.
fratini
Private
Private

Unread post by fratini »

Hi there, first of all sorry for my bad english......

We made interior fornitures and we are in Italy

we have 1 SCM Tech99 and for last 6 years we worked with
SCM Xilog and Autosoftware ASPAN (CAD/CAM) to make our projects.

In the April of this year we bought TS with TopSolid'Wood CAM.

We r starting right those days to work with the new PP of TopSolid'Wood, even are months that we started making our project and drafts with TS Design.

i have found that TopSolid'Wood PP (post processor) have more than one issue to fix :-(

and for this reason too we r intrested to know if there r other peoples here that works daily with TopSolid'Wood ...
..give us a feedback :-)...

thank u all for your patience...

Kind Regards.
Robert
First Officer Cadet
First Officer Cadet

Unread post by Robert »

Top'Noob-are the leaves changing in CT yet? How long have you been a CNC programer with TS CAM? Have you used other CAM or Mold design packages? if so how does TS Mold/CAM stack up against the others?

fratiti-Your english is fine. what style of furniture do you make traditional or contemporary? How much training have you had with TS Wood? What are your impressions of TS Wood?
Top'Noob
First Officer Cadet
First Officer Cadet

Unread post by Top'Noob »

Yes, the leaves are full color now. Beautiful.

I have been using TS for 2.5 years now.

I tried to use the Cam package but I found some serious flaws that prevented me from being productive with it.

I have not used other design or mold packages but for our cam needs we use Mastercam. When we bought TS the intention was to drop Mastercam and use TS for everything. Unfortunately since this has not been feasible yet we do 100% of our cam in Mastercam and 100% of design, mold and draft in TS.

I am looking forward to a (hopefully) dramatic new release with many CAM enhancements for TS2009.
fratini
Private
Private

Unread post by fratini »

Hi Robert,

Our production is 70 % contemoprary and 30 % traditional.

We have a "small" business, we work only for privates and we never do the same forniture 2 times......

We had a total of 5 days for TS Design training and 3 days for TopSolid'Wood

Till now our impression r:

1 - TopSolid'Wood "can be" a good Software but..

2 - We found problems to "personalize" the TopSolid'Wood and TSDesign to our work:

- Create a special Shaping Tools
- Create and manage our Components (Assembly, eccentrics etc etc...)

3 - The Post Processor for Our SCM Tech 99 HL have more than one issue :-(

and we have a "fatal error" issue from TS 6.900.....

thank u all for your intrest and 'cmon sand us your feedback about your work with TS and TopSolid'Wood....

Best Regards, fratini.
Pieter
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unread post by Pieter »

Hi Fratini,

Creating special shaping tools in TS should not be a problem.
What is it you can't do?
Same for Components. This is one of the strong points of TS. You can create what ever compo you want. Again, what is it you can't do?

I have some knowledge on that matter, maybe I can help you?

Regards
fratini
Private
Private

Unread post by fratini »

Hi Pieter,

and really thank u for your disponibility.

At the moment i have to ultimate a big work for one of our clients, and for this reason i can't dedicate so much time to TopSolid, so my Tech 99 is still working with Aspan :-(

But for sure i will have to ask u more then one thing :-) about how to create a new component and so on....

unfortunatly we have really poor manuals in Italian and the translations on the pdf manuals often are not so accurate as we like and the TS 2008 have some command in italians and some others in english....

and no Online Help in Italian too :-/

Thank u again for your time and i hope sooner i can get some good informations and help from u and this forum... sure we eill need! :-)

Kind Regards, fratini.
Niklas
Private
Private

Unread post by Niklas »

Hi Robert
We are a Swedish woodworking company who produce interior for Hotels, Banks, Restaurants etc we also did the interior for the Swedish Embassy in Washington DC.

We are using TopSolid Wood together with TS WoodCam we have been using TopSolid for one year and the WoodCam module for three months.

We have two Biesse Rover with EPS system.
Today we do all the programming thru TopSolid and its working great.
Soon we even will have the EPS support from TS WoodCam working.

Best Regards
Niklas
Robert
First Officer Cadet
First Officer Cadet

Unread post by Robert »

Niklas thanks for posting.

I'm trying to get a feel if TS Wood is being used just for certain industries and not others.

Does your company use any other CAD/Cam software in conjunction with TS?

What were you using prior to TS?

Thanks,
Niklas
Private
Private

Unread post by Niklas »

Hi Robert

Before we worked with AutoCad LT and a Swedish cam program called Camlink.
It was a big challenge going from 2D to 3D but the changing has gone very well.

Niklas