Drive Blocks?

Integrated solution for design, manufacturing and management that provides all standard parts and procedures for wood processing.

Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel

Robert
First Officer Cadet
First Officer Cadet

Re: Drive Blocks?

Unread post by Robert »

Here a link to a video of me try to insert the drawer front into the driver block

https://youtu.be/QSRzXQhhf2w
RaudMees
Second Officer Cadet
Second Officer Cadet
Answers: 3
TopSolid Module: TopSolid'Wood
TopSolid Version: 6.20

Unread post by RaudMees »

Hi Robert

I played with Your files and Your front component is weird. I don't know how You made it, but...
When You play with one file a lot, it can be broke and it's better to create new from scratch. I've done it more than 20 times.
I created new DB, took Your drawer front and put into that... housing doesn't work, only inside block gave me a result. Same with You case driver, I showed unit side and put that drawer as inside block INTO one side, then I stretched it with red arrow to make it bigger and got result. Then I tried again, played more with red arrows and got plenty of errors. I removed moldings and then it works. I added my own profiles to front and it still works. So, try again with extruded components, maybe some points were in wrong place. It looks like it's locked to nowhere :)

RM
Attachments
front.png
CAD_73
Second Officer Cadet
Second Officer Cadet
Answers: 2
TopSolid Version: 6.24

Unread post by CAD_73 »

The profile needs fr1 and fr2 and has to be placed in a folder profile. Placing a profile like this you need to put it on a curve, that curve needs a CS at the front of the driver block.
Senior Engineer 3D
Luxurious (Yacht) Interiors

My YouTube channel
Robert
First Officer Cadet
First Officer Cadet

Unread post by Robert »

Thanks, guys for taking a look at the files. That the molding was pretty funky with missing driver elements and odd CS. So I tried a few other moldings some worked and some didn't so I know the issue is with the extruded molding, I created a new molding and it worked fine.

RaudMees, you mentioned parts breaking, I get a lot of .lck files extensions I have to delete. Is it just individual parts or can a whole assembly break also?
RaudMees
Second Officer Cadet
Second Officer Cadet

CAD_73 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:40 pm The profile needs fr1 and fr2 and has to be placed in a folder profile. Placing a profile like this you need to put it on a curve, that curve needs a CS at the front of the driver block.
Actually no. I had more than 100 different extruded profiles and You need only fr1. To place them, here are 2 ways: 1) curve 2) somekind block, part, cs or something else to map start and end point. That's all. BUT, all extruded components must be in their own catalogue, do not mix them with other components, otherwise You have big mess and some components doesn't work due *.lob files which are specific for extruded components.
Another important thing - do not use simple points for mapping, they are not controllable. It's safer to use CS. For key points I am using points and that's all.

RM
RaudMees
Second Officer Cadet
Second Officer Cadet

Robert wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:06 pm Thanks, guys for taking a look at the files. That the molding was pretty funky with missing driver elements and odd CS. So I tried a few other moldings some worked and some didn't so I know the issue is with the extruded molding, I created a new molding and it worked fine.

RaudMees, you mentioned parts breaking, I get a lot of .lck files extensions I have to delete. Is it just individual parts or can a whole assembly break also?
Ask from re-seller, why do You have so many lck files. It might be issued by licensing or reading-writing it. *.lck file don't affect anything (as much I know), You just can't save it.

RM
DanoR69
Corporal
Corporal
TopSolid Version: 6.18

Unread post by DanoR69 »

I'm not sure where the problem is, but I suspect it's in the case somehow.
I am able to insert the drawer face into one of my assemblies and am also able to inset the drawer face by dimension..
Attachments
support2019-3-12.zip
(1.27 MiB) Downloaded 79 times