Could anyone give me some adivse about hardware?

Integrated solution for design, manufacturing and management that provides all standard parts and procedures for wood processing.

Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel

developing
Corporal
Corporal

Could anyone give me some adivse about hardware?

Unread post by developing »

Hi, everyone:
I wanna import 20 kitchens, such as pic show, in one file, to export drafts, and the file is too big to deal with by my computer. So could anyone give me any adivse about the configuration of hardware?
The configuration of My hardware now is intell I7-6700 (3.4G) with CPU, ddr4 (8G) with internal storage, NVIDIA quadro K2200 (4G) with graphics card.
Thank you very much!
Attachments
微信图片_20171024194615.png
Last edited by developing on Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Todd
First Officer Cadet
First Officer Cadet
Answers: 3
TopSolid Module: TopSolid'Wood
TopSolid Version: 6.24

Re: Could anyone give me some adivse about hardware?

Unread post by Todd »

the only thing I would suggest is given your currents specs are quite good. is a Solid state hard drive, DDR4 16GB of ram. after your tried those two then look at upgrading the graphics card. But before that have you tried setting up simplified representations and changing your graphical tolerance in the file your inserting the kitchens into? Do you have a laptop or desktop computer?
Todd Craig
Great Lakes Woodworking
tcraig@glwdetroit.com
RaudMees
Second Officer Cadet
Second Officer Cadet
Answers: 3
TopSolid Module: TopSolid'Wood
TopSolid Version: 6.20

Unread post by RaudMees »

Hardware is quite good for this. I have desktop and laptop with i7/16GB ram, large projects running very fine. BUT! If You have some detailed elements in projects (like hinge or drawer runners or adjustable legs), then it can be slow very fast. Like 1-5 hinge is okay, but 20+ hinge bring computer power down. With this type of projects is very important to have very simplified fittings, just to show them in right size and needed drillings.
I do my best to keep fittings file size below 50KB. Some baskets or drawers are ~500KB and when I put 20 of them into project, then it will be slow.

RM
developing
Corporal
Corporal

Unread post by developing »

Thank you for your advises, Todd & RaudMees. My computer is desktop, I added another 16G ddr4, simplified the models, and problem solved. :D