How to make parts/assemblies with same properties have only one draft when multi-draft?

Integrated solution for design, manufacturing and management that provides all standard parts and procedures for wood processing.

Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel

developing
Corporal
Corporal

How to make parts/assemblies with same properties have only one draft when multi-draft?

Unread post by developing »

All the assemblies combines together and sum, when display BOM in my file, as the pic show. And then I export the draft by multi-draft, some assemblies which have same properties, combined and have only one draft, but some ones don’t, even though they have same properties.
So my question is how to configurate for multi-draft function, so that the parts/assemblies with same properties have only one draft, just as in BOM file.
Attachments
Multi-draft
Multi-draft
BOM-file
BOM-file
Last edited by developing on Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Todd
First Officer Cadet
First Officer Cadet
Answers: 3
TopSolid Module: TopSolid'Wood
TopSolid Version: 6.24

Re: How to make parts/assemblies with same properties have only one draft when multi-draft?

Unread post by Todd »

Well you will have to create a bom for it but this is where you associate it in the options
Attachments
SETTINGS FOR MULTI-DRAFT.JPG
Todd Craig
Great Lakes Woodworking
tcraig@glwdetroit.com
Todd
First Officer Cadet
First Officer Cadet

Re: How to make parts/assemblies with same properties have only one draft when multi-draft?

Unread post by Todd »

also I cant see your attached images
Attachments
image attach.JPG
Todd Craig
Great Lakes Woodworking
tcraig@glwdetroit.com
developing
Corporal
Corporal

Hi,Todd
As you said, I've associated the BOM-file to Multi-draft in Parts Selection Sorting, and also in Configuration, but the problem still exist.
Attachments
sys-config-2.png
sys-config.png
Todd
First Officer Cadet
First Officer Cadet

Unread post by Todd »

I think if you give the sub-assembly's a Bill of materials index number they should group because if they don't have one they separated on mine
Attachments
INDEX NUMBER.JPG
Todd Craig
Great Lakes Woodworking
tcraig@glwdetroit.com
developing
Corporal
Corporal

These days I have tested lots of assemblies in different orders, and then found out that the problem maybe coursed by parts with same name, they allways have different vlues, and It works ok, when change then with same vlues.