Why is the tool diameter hard to change ?

CADCAM machining solution: mill-turn centers, milling and turning, kinematics, fixtures, topology recognition, tool library, manufacturing schedules, realistic simulation, workshop sheets, post-processors and DNC...

Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel

Top'Noob
First Officer Cadet
First Officer Cadet

Why is the tool diameter hard to change ?

Unread post by Top'Noob »

Why is it so hard to change a tool diameter ?

From what I understand, I can create an adjustable diameter "linked tool" in Top Tool. I can import this tool to my *.cam file's Tool Changer. At this point I can adjust the diameter to whatever I like...

As soon as an operation is created using the "adjustable tool" it loses it's ability to be adjusted.

Now if I need to adjust the tool I will have to bring it in from Top Tool all over again. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Of course this means that my feed and speed will have to be re-adjusted because EVERY TOOL COMES WITH S9999 F200. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I propose a name change...

Lets call it BOTTOM TOOL.

As long as this is turning into a rant, let me just say this...

The entire concept of an "adjustable tool" is ridiculous. EVERY tool should be adjustable without any special definition or having to jump through hoops to make what should be a simple change. :roll:

Isn't that what TS is supposed to be GOOD AT ? We have parametric everything but stumble on silly things like this. :?