cycle time is wrong

CADCAM machining solution: mill-turn centers, milling and turning, kinematics, fixtures, topology recognition, tool library, manufacturing schedules, realistic simulation, workshop sheets, post-processors and DNC...

Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel

dangerfenwick
Private
Private
TopSolid Module: TopSolid'Cam
TopSolid Version: 6.25

cycle time is wrong

Unread post by dangerfenwick »

Hey there.

The estimated cycle time shown in my TopSolid is really way off to my machine time. How can I edit this to align the shown estimated cycle time with the actual machined cycle time?

Cheers
Mark Oostveen
Chief
Chief
TopSolid Module: TopSolid'Cam
TopSolid Version: 6.26

Re: cycle time is wrong

Unread post by Mark Oostveen »

First check you tool change time. Fixed time and maybe time per pocket rotation if the is no dynamic pocket position or changer arm construction.

Second adjust the G0 feedrate in TopSolid and correct it. In small movements the machine will never reach e.g. the 40m/min wich is in the specs. So if you have operations with mostly small rapid movements you have to correct the rapid in TopSolid down to say 10m/min. Do this for all axis including you rotation axis in case you have them and have operations in lots of orientations.

Practically I have adjusted the theoretic 40m/min of our machine down to 10m/min. Which was in general a good prediction of th real time for our type of products.

Third enter real feedrate values. I once had a guy complaining. He made a 3D operation and entered a 15m/min feedrate. In real the machine only achieved like 6m/min. Sorry don't blame the software

The main isseu is that TopSolid cannot an wil not be äble to calculate and or predict the acceleration or deceleration. Not for rapid, not for feedrate. So it will never be 100%. A good aproximation however is achievable.

Good luck adjusting.

Mark.