Changing units from mm to inch on details

Swift electrode creation: data retrieval, calculation of gaps and prolongation of surfaces, standard and customized fixtures, manufacturing dimensions for electrodes...

Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel

SHOM!
Private
Private

Changing units from mm to inch on details

Unread post by SHOM! »

I have just started to use the electrode package for Top Solid, and for some reason I can not change the units from mm to inch in the Electrode Draft part of this program. I have went in and changed the units under Units, and I have also changed them under Dimension but still no change to the X,Y,Z locations. Is there a way to set the default for this section to inch before I even strart detailing.
jalapeno
Private
Private

Unread post by jalapeno »

Hi,

did you try with "file-properties" there you can change the units.

Regards.
Regards

jalapeno
l3fty
Private
Private
TopSolid Module: TopSolid'Design
TopSolid Version: 6.18

Re: Changing units from mm to inch on details

Unread post by l3fty »

I am having a similar problem. I have changed the document units from mm to inches (Options-->Units), and as a result the basic length dimensions are in inches :D . However, the diameters in the drilling notes are still in mm :x (see below).
hole callout in mm.png
hole callout in mm.png (5.87 KiB) Viewed 30488 times
My office just upgraded from TS7.8 to TS7.10, and I know how to fix it in 7.8. The drilling note command windows used to let me define the units for a specific instance of a note, but the new command windows don't have that feature.

I have also tried Tools-->Options-->General-->Units, and I don't see File-->Properties as jalapeno suggests. Any suggestions for changing the dimension settings for drilling notes?
JuP
Major
Major
Answers: 6
TopSolid Module: TopSolid'Steel
TopSolid Version: 7.14

Re: Changing units from mm to inch on details

Unread post by JuP »

Hello,
I think you just have to change document units (what you have done) and the drilling note style
2016-07-28_11-42-43.png
Julien POIROT
TopSolid'Steel Product Manager
Youtube
GrabCad
Facebook