large mold design crashes TopSolid

CAD solution for mold making: slider design, guide rails, jacks,
mold base, components and process, coolant circuit, control via mold levels, creation of drawings, parts lists...

Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel

Top'Noob
First Officer Cadet
First Officer Cadet

large mold design crashes TopSolid

Unread post by Top'Noob »

Hello,

This is hopefully a helpful tip for others...

I have a large mold design (472MB) and when I open it TS opens most of the way until just before the file comes into view onscreen but then it kills TS with no option for .rsc file.

It almost seems like everything loads correctly but there is some sort of graphics glitch or something that causes a crash...

Anyway, I have stumbled upon a solution that really seems to help:

1. Open any *.top file so you have something on screen.

2. Open the file that was crashing. It now opens perfectly.

For some reason having something else open ahead of time prevents the crash.

This issue has been around for many months and several patch releases so I don't expect it to go away anytime soon...

Hopefully this post will help somebody. 8)

My system is :

Vista Ultimate 64 bit
Intel Core i7-965
Nvidia GTX295
2 x 10k rpm WD Raptors in Raid-0
MEMORY: 6GB (2GBx3) DDR3/1800MHz Triple Channel
Fatal_error
Private
Private

Unread post by Fatal_error »

Yes sometimes i have some problems also crashes or just give a black screen in TS

One solution that I reach also a long time ago is open one file *.top or *.dft smaller but connected to the "mld" document and after that open the "mld" most of times works...

I have also problems when plotting large documents... :? when select the the icon "paper" de window that should appears, with the size of paper previous selected, doesn`t appear :(

The solution most of the times is restart TS and some times restart the pc :( or even plot in pdf that is the last option, but it works (If anyone knows anything to solve this ;))
jehronimo
Major
Major

Unread post by jehronimo »

Hi,

I also had this kind of problem in previous version, and files design with this previous version. The problem was this one : for some mold files, I saved them with the symbolic tree that was open. For some reasons, it made the file crash during the opening. To prevent this bug, you just have to open an empty Design document, or the file of the part linked to your mold design, then open thje mold file.

I submitted this bug to Missler, and they fixed the problem, and if I remember well :D some patch ago. So I am surprised you still have this problem with recent file...In my case, since the fixing, I do not find this bug anymore...

jehronimo