DME Sprue Bushings WRONG

CAD solution for mold making: slider design, guide rails, jacks,
mold base, components and process, coolant circuit, control via mold levels, creation of drawings, parts lists...

Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel

Top'Noob
First Officer Cadet
First Officer Cadet

DME Sprue Bushings WRONG

Unread post by Top'Noob »

Hello,

I have noticed an issue with sprue bushings.

I selected a DME 6604-O_5/32-R_1/2

The "O" is incorrect.

The DME catalog shows the "O" dimension at the bottom of the spherical nozzle radius.

TopSolid's user interface shows the dimension coming from the opposite end of the sprue bushing but even worse the dimension is not correct at either end. TopSolid is reporting the "d1" as .1562 but analyzing the component shows that the small end is .116 and the large end is .266 (trimmed length). The worst part of this is that I cannot edit the "d1" dimension because it is greyed out.
Larry M.
Master Chief
Master Chief

Unread post by Larry M. »

All DME Sprue bushing are and have been wrong for years. Try to use a 3/4" rad once. The "O" size never changes. This has been reported many times. Just another thing the end user has to correct.
Bill
Master Chief
Master Chief
TopSolid Module: TopSolid'Design
TopSolid Version: 6.25

Unread post by Bill »

I recieved a message this morning that this too has been submitted to the dev team....
Happy Designing
Bill
Technical Director
Missler Software Inc
TRietsma
Private
Private

Sprue "o" dimension

Unread post by TRietsma »

I found if you click on the d1 in the box to the right, it will let you change the "O" dimension. Not sure why but I have been doing this for some time.
Tim Rietsma
Contour Tool and Eng.