Hey! Where did it go? (unite question)

CAD solution for mold making: slider design, guide rails, jacks,
mold base, components and process, coolant circuit, control via mold levels, creation of drawings, parts lists...

Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel

Jenny
Private First Class
Private First Class

Hey! Where did it go? (unite question)

Unread post by Jenny »

I would like to unite my core block bottom (original block created after parting line) to my core mold base. The problem I'm experiencing is that any part above my block split line (z=0) disapears.

I'm currently picking the core block bottom first, and then the mold base core block second.

I've also tried substracting the core block insert before uniting it and it gives me the same result.

My original plan was to unite these two blocks to create one solid block, what steps am I missing here? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
Jenny
Jenny
Private First Class
Private First Class

{I think it's solved}

Unread post by Jenny »

Nevermind!! I think I figured it out on my own. I have to process the core block bottom to the core block and then unite.... right??
jehronimo
Major
Major

Unread post by jehronimo »

:) Totally right!

I guess you only want to manage he BSide block, because if the opposite block has also to be unite with its plate, you just have a checkbox to activate in the Process window....but it seems you are not using this function (the Process function int he Management context) to do, and you are trying to subtract the block with the TopSolid'Design function...Am I right? because this way to do is the worst to do with your mold elements :(....

Jehronimo
Jenny
Private First Class
Private First Class

Unread post by Jenny »

I want to unite both the b side and a side block together.

I have a two cavity mold. I used multi-cavity "other propagation" as I needed a rotation of 180° and that wasn't an option with the multi-cavity propagation.

I then united my two cavities together.

After I created my mold base, I then wanted to unite my core and cavity blocks to their respective mold base block. This is where I was running into problems. I couldn't figure out why half of my part would disapear. It seems that the "process" function works for this situation.

What problems will this create with my mold elements?
jehronimo
Major
Major

Unread post by jehronimo »

Hello,

I think that for you the different steps would be:

Create your first CC blocks
Insert the moldbase in your file, on the correct frame
Start the multicavity function
Ask for another propagation to set your rotation around this axis
In the process tab, ask for the union with the plate (the checkbox at upside left)
Ok

TopSolid'Mold will manage for you the processes, the union operations (in ASide and Bside) the correct mode those operations, and the correct set assignment.

Jehronimo