[Solved] Angle pin problem

CAD solution for mold making: slider design, guide rails, jacks,
mold base, components and process, coolant circuit, control via mold levels, creation of drawings, parts lists...

Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel

RICHARD LALONDE
Sergeant
Sergeant

[Solved] Angle pin problem

Unread post by RICHARD LALONDE »

Does some one have problem to place an angle pin ?
The problem I got is I have a cam stroke and is on good direction when I validate stroke.
When I try to put standard angle pin TS ask me surface of cam and surface to put the head ( Top face of cavity plate)
The problem is the pin appear with the angle on the wrong direction to obtain the pin on the good direction I have to put the value at -15° but if I do that I could not control the stroke automatic to ajust the lentgh of the angle pin. Because the special point to controle stroke is on the wrong side of the pin.

Does someone lastsly good this type of probleme with angle pin ?
olaio
Second Officer Cadet
Second Officer Cadet
Answers: 2

Angle pin problem

Unread post by olaio »

Hi Richard,

I never had this problem.
The insertion of angle pin and the final adjustment of the stroke is one thing that works very well in TS'Mold.

The problem that you have is with all the cam slides (standards, with contour, affected parts)?
RICHARD LALONDE
Sergeant
Sergeant

Problem solve

Unread post by RICHARD LALONDE »

Effectively the first time it was because my cam travel was on the wrong side. But after I replace the datum of my slide and not redo the complete slide, in both case the slide was traveling in the good direction but the angle pin was still in the wrong direction. When I redo the slide from scratch it was good.

In conclusion if you replace the datum of the slide after is done the slide will travel in the good position but some invisible stuff will affect the positionning of the angle pin, be sure you valide the travael at the beginning.