Flat Head Cap Screw

CAD solution for mold making: slider design, guide rails, jacks,
mold base, components and process, coolant circuit, control via mold levels, creation of drawings, parts lists...

Moderators: remi77, jacs, Daniel

RICHARD LALONDE
Sergeant
Sergeant

Flat Head Cap Screw

Unread post by RICHARD LALONDE »

Hello Missler here in North America FHCS are at 82° not 90° bcs when I import screw from library DME Inch or from Missler library both came with the wrong c'sink. Does some one know how to fix that ? I though is impossible bcs it's a hide parameter.

Also the clearence we put around the head I said AROUND the head not UNDER the head but here with the clearence it appear all over the head (around & under). I though it's missler programation bug.

This application is use to hold a bushing in place, that is use often from tool maker. Does some one have the same probleme as me and how you fix that.

Sure I will post that in the evolution section
Bill
Master Chief
Master Chief
TopSolid Module: TopSolid'Design
TopSolid Version: 6.25

so you know

Unread post by Bill »

Hello Richard,

This issue is being worked on currently. I believe that we should see the solution in a patch soon.
Happy Designing
Bill
Technical Director
Missler Software Inc
RICHARD LALONDE
Sergeant
Sergeant

Yes it works with the 240
But where is the 10-32 AGAIN
Top'Noob
First Officer Cadet
First Officer Cadet

Unread post by Top'Noob »

Yes, really we should have every numbered thread size available from #0-80 through #12-28.
Bill
Master Chief
Master Chief

Unread post by Bill »

I will check with the dev team to see why the smaller standards are missing...I will let you guys know.
Happy Designing
Bill
Technical Director
Missler Software Inc
Top'Noob
First Officer Cadet
First Officer Cadet

Thanks Bill !
Bill
Master Chief
Master Chief

Unread post by Bill »

Hey Guys,

After doing some research, it seems that DME does not offer all of the screws that you guys are looking for. All I can find our fractional ones and then 6-32,8-32, 10-24. The problem that we have, is that if DME does not offer them, then we will not have a catalog number to associate with them. Please let me know what your comments are on this. How would you suggest that we handle it? Do we leave the catalog and supplier name empty? Please let me know...

Thanks,
Happy Designing
Bill
Technical Director
Missler Software Inc
Top'Noob
First Officer Cadet
First Officer Cadet

My opinion is that those sizes should at least be included with Top Design (shape, drilling).

Do we leave the catalog and supplier name empty?
That sounds like a good solution to me.
Bill
Master Chief
Master Chief

Unread post by Bill »

Hello,

these drilling standards already exist in the Shape | Drilling function, as well as in the Assembly | Include standard function. Perhaps you do not have a good Top.tap file. This file is what controls the tapping information for the Shape | Drilling function. If you have an old one, perhaps contact your dealer for a new version of this file.

Either way, I think that as for mold, there should be a library of screws available, that do not point to a specific manufacturer. Instead the library could be called "Fasteners". In the BOM, under supplier, it would say Fasteners and for catalog code, perhaps just the size of the screws.

What do you guys think?[/img]
Happy Designing
Bill
Technical Director
Missler Software Inc
Top'Noob
First Officer Cadet
First Officer Cadet

Thanks for the top.tap tip :shock: Say that 10 times fast...

Either way, I think that as for mold, there should be a library of screws available, that do not point to a specific manufacturer. Instead the library could be called "Fasteners". In the BOM, under supplier, it would say Fasteners and for catalog code, perhaps just the size of the screws.
That would be great 8)
Larry M.
Master Chief
Master Chief

Unread post by Larry M. »

Bill wrote:Hello,

What do you guys think?[/img]
I think that would be quite nice.
RICHARD LALONDE
Sergeant
Sergeant

One single screw librairy

I'm agree with you Bill
The beauty of mold module is, all screw operation are done automatic (tapping , clearence etc.) when is a compo.
But when is a STD as Missler STD we have to do all all process manualy by specify wich plate have to be tap or clear.

I'm agree with you and have a librairy screw compo with all model (SHCS FHCS, Stripper Bolt, etc.) NF & NC thread with the process automatic same as what we found in DME HASCO etc.
Because a bolt SHCS 3/8-16 NC from DME or Progessive or from the corner dealer IT SHOULD HAVE ALL THE SAME SPEC it's standard

Top of that
Is it stupid to have, one screw librairy in TopSolid, one in TopSolid'Mold plus all supplier.

I thing if you could obtain what you suggest BIll ALL SCREW PROBLEM will be resolve one time for ever. WEe believe on you for that.
jehronimo
Major
Major

Unread post by jehronimo »

Hi,

I think that this one will please you

viewtopic.php?t=266

:D

Jehronimo